THE LIVING ROOM
The Living Room, based on St Raphael’s estate in Brent, is here to help all Brent residents with a range of enquiries and issues, with a special focus on helping those looking to go into suitable employment. We are available to provide support in removing barriers to work, finding suitable training, improving your CV and applications, interview preparation and more.
The Living Room offers support from a range of partners in one service, including:
• Employment, enterprise and skills information, advice and guidance
• Training to develop skills for employment or enterprise
• Access to jobs, apprenticeships, training, work experience, and volunteering opportunities
• Money advice such as debt and budgeting
• Housing management advice including repairs
• Health and Wellbeing advice
• Childcare advice
• Food Bank Vouchers
Due to Covid 19 and refurbishment we are currently operating a remote service by phone and email, from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
The Living Room Story
The Living Room was initially set up in June 2015 by Brent Council at the site of the former Boiler Room on Besant Way, St Raphael’s Estate, as a community hub providing wide-ranging assistance to residents of the estate. The provision was extended in April 2018 across Brent as a whole.
The Living Room has been working alongside Brent Hubs for two years, and in July 2020, was brought in under the umbrella of the Brent Hubs Team, to integrate services offered as one of the seven Hubs locations in Brent.